Do you have a bucket list? If you were to sit down and write out a list of things that you would like to do, or learn, or see, how long would that list be?
A couple of years ago I started a list of 100 things that I wanted to do while I was still young enough to do so. [I have misplaced that list – but not to worry, I will find it. In the meantime, I’ll try recreating it] Many of the items on that list deal with travel, and since I am now entering my sixties, there may not be that many more years that I can achieve those things.
Things I want to learn about:
- food preserving – canning, freezing, dehydrating, fermenting
- make your own groceries
- aromatherapy/essential oils
- soap making – bath salts, lotions,etc.
- healthy living
- regrow veggies
Places I’d love to visit
- Cape Cod
- Yellowstone – visited once about 40 years ago!
- Grand Canyon – visited once, but it down-poured! Would love to see it again in sunshine.
- Alaskan cruise
- States I’ve never visited – Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Washington, Oregon and Alaska. I have visited, or at least driven through, all the rest.
Experiences I’d love to try
- Parasailing – done once, would love to do it again!
- Hiking part of the Appalachian Trail
It has also been my dream for very many years to travel across the country in an RV, take pictures, and write a book. I would love to make that dream come true when my husband and I retire.